7.24.2007

Hi, I'm Snap.


Penny recomended yesterday that I might make a guest appearance and explain how I'm feeling. What a fabulous idea! I had never seen a computer before but my Human Servant showed it to me while she was preparing my foot spa and I decided to try it out since I had 20 minutes to stand there with my front feet in a bucket.

My name is Snap and I'm simply incredible. Really, no other mare can be in charge of me and all of the boy horses think I'm hot. The Human Servant is mostly well trained but I have to snap my teeth at her to make her aware of how annoying she can be.

The past few weeks are far too boring for me to go into.. CARROT?????WHERE??? DO YOU HAVE A CARROT??? I'M CUTE, PLEASSSSEEEE GIVE ME A CARROT!!! Darn, false alarm, I thought I heard the carrot bag and it was those stupid salt things that disolve in my foot spa.

Basically I've been tortured. I mean, if you think having a Human on your back is easy- its not. They boss you around and they make you do things you don't want to do. They're on your back so you either have to do it or buck them off. Usually its kind of entertaining to work with the Human Servant because she's nice to me and its cool when we work together as partners. But when I'm in pain its not something I want to be doing.

I've been foot sore, back sore, hock sore, kicked and scratched by other horses- all in the past few weeks. I'm big and tough but I have to say, sometimes it all gets to you. The only pleasure I've been having is spending TONS AND TONS of the Human Servant's money. If you think your VET is expensive, try having them come to you and bring the x-ray machine to you. Oh, and I have the VET do chiropractic on me too. I've seen two different VETs in the past month and this last time he poked me all over and said I need to have stuff injected into my hocks to make my back not sore anymore. Tomorrow the saddle fitter is coming to visit me. That also costs lots of green papers. Hahahaah!!!!!! Oh, and the Human Servant has to soak or cold hose my feet for a week. Oh, and she has to pack my feet with stinky mud with vinegar and stuff.

The only nice thing is all I have to do is pin my ears back, toss my head, swish my tail and the Human Servant backs off and doesn't make me do anything. It is GREAT!!! Although she picked up the whip yesterday so I had to work. Sigh...I'm still fighting though but when she doesn't fight back its not fun.

Thanks Kaze for letting me use your blog. Its really hard to type with hooves, especially sore ones. I'll keep you posted on my progress over the next week. For the time being I seem to be on the mend but my shoes really need to be worked on.

Oh, and I like kitties, they smell really interesting! We have 3 kitties at the barn and I like to sniff them.

21 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Snap, it is nice to meet you! :) You are a very beautiful horse! I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sore. :( I hope that everything being done to help you feel better will work, and that you'll be back to normal soon.

I've never met a horse, but my mom often comes home smelling of them. She takes dressage lessons once a week at a local stable.

I hope you feel better soon Snap!

Unknown said...

Oh, Snap...(whoa that didn't sound like I wanted it to...)

I am glad you are getting better, and I am sorry that you have had a tough week.

You are very pretty, Snap!

Chrissie said...

Snap, you are a beyootiful horse, and I've heard that horses are very warm to sleep on...I am glad your feet are getting better..and you keep your staff in line!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Snap. You is really big and i was kind of afraid of you, but you is really really nice! i is really sorry that your back and feets hert. we will send you some healing purrrrrrrrrrssssssss - Sammy

Anonymous said...

Hello Snap, it's lovely to meet you. We have met a wonderful horse much like you. His name is Max. He does many of the things that you do, according to the Woman.

Tyler said...

Wowsie, dowsie Snap, you are a beautiful! Please heal quickly.
You can have all the carrots and apples in our fridge!
I'll teleport them over. My mom says that's fine as long as you listen to your Human Servant.
TAKE CARE,
Ty

Forty Paws said...

You are gorgeous Snap! Such a pretty horsie! We're glad that you posted and told us all about your trials and tribulations. Beans can be such a pain, can't they? Not to mention all of your physical pains. Goodness.

Kaze, thanks for letting Snap post. And thanks for your kind words for Dorfie.

Luf, Us

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Snap, it is nice to meat you.
You are very very large. Please do not come and visit me. I will scream.

We hope you get all better. Have a great day teasing your human.

<3Purrs, Princess~*

Daisy said...

Hi Snap! You are hot! I am sorry you have had a hard time lately. I hope you feel better soon.

You are smart to figure out the computer. Typing with those big hoofs must be hard.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hello snap!! You sound like a wonderful creature! Let me get this straight, you basically get a pedicure and a massage and the humans spend all their money on this service for you? Well, I think you are fabulous!!!

Yours, in awe

HRH Yao-Lin xx

Cafe Cats said...

YaY! So glad that you're feeling better, Snap. You are very pretty and very big!

Unknown said...

If I were a horse, I'd think you were hot too. It was very nice to meet you, I hope you stop by to say hi again.

Just Ducky said...

Hi Snap good to meet you. Mum says we have horsies that live nearby. Someday maybe mum will take me for a ride and we can look at them.

Hope your feets get better soon. Will give you a big purr out at the prayer vigil on Thursday. Be nice to the kitties in the barn.

Take care.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Hi Snap!! It's nice to meet you! I wish I could meet you in purrson and sniff you!

I hope that your leg feels better quickly and someone takes good care of your shoes (hooves).

Sounds like you have your work cut out keeping the woman in line!

Parker said...

Hi Snap! Nice to meetcha'! I hope all your pains go away and all the carrots come your way!

Lux said...

How wonderful to hear that you're feeling better, Snap - it's very nice to meet you!

DK & The Fluffies said...

CARROTS??? DID SOMEBUNNY SAY CARROTS???? ~Fiona Bun

Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow, Snap, yer even bigger than Tripper the stoopid psyko stray cat!!! That's BIG!!! It's too bad yer being torcherd by having yer feet put in water... that's sumthing I cood never in a millyun yeers do. I'm glad yer feeling better cuz I wuz vary vary werried abowt yoo.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Snap, it's pawesome to meet ya! Sorry to hear about all the troubles you've had. Well, at least you've got mommy working like a slave for you. We kitties aim our whole lives to be able to do that!

~Casey

PS. Sooooo...what's your secret???

Anonymous said...

Dear Snap, I'm so glad you blogged! It's lovely to meet you and I hope you get better quickly before your Servant runs out of money:) My cousin has a horsie (Wills) who has pains so he can't do dressage any more. He is a perfect gentleman and wouldn't dream of kicking you. He likes cats too. My cousin's daughter is learning to be a horse osteopath so she can help him and her own horsies (not achey at the mo:))and other horses. All the best Snap (now I wonder how you got your name.... Love and pats, Penny

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm teleporting English carrots and Polo mints!