4.24.2007

Terrorized Tuesday

Ugh, so she put me in the PTU and took me in the grey machine and we went to the VET!!! I yelled at her the entire time in the car to let her know that it was not cool! When we got to the office the Lap Lady let me out in the lobby because she wanted to pet me to let me know it was OK. It was NOT OK. Well, the women there all told me I was beautiful and that was very nice. Then the VET (not the usual VET but I've only met him 2 times anyway) came out and took us back to the exam room. After clinging to the PTU for dear life, they got me out. Here I started my purring routine.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I think it worked because they didn't stick that thing up my butt OR poke me with anything! I guess I really made a good impression. Stacie (the vet tech) has a Devon Rex and a Cornish Rex and she just thought I was awesome! Her one kitty's name is Kona the Hut because she weighs 13 lbs! Imagine Daisy weighing that much!!

Dr. Dym felt me all over and said that I am a very healthy cat and I eat the best foods possible. He is a really well respected home-pathetic vet and he gave me a good looking at. The bad news is that I have immuno-suppressive gingivitis or something. Since that is the start of the digestive track (he said from the mouth to the butt!! He said a bad word!) that it makes sense that I might have irritable bowels (IBD). I didn't know bowels could be mad! It is either that or a food sensitivity. So I get to take these STINKY pills. They are made of things like bovine liver and duodenum and other stinky things. They're supposed to to be chewable but there was no way I was chewing them. The Lap Lady made me swallow them!!!! I then have to change me "protein source" from turkey to something like venison or duck or something but stay with Innova or go to Pet guard.

He talked to the Lap Lady for like 18 hours while I sniffed around the room and leapt on and off of the exam table. I kept purring the whole time. He talked a lot about foods and stuff and I just wanted to go home!!! He said she has to bring him a sample of my poo.....so I'm getting followed to the box every time I have to go.

So we'll see how it goes but not to worry, I don't have an eating disorder and the Lap Lady is not trying to starve me on purpose. Maybe I'm just really worried about Mao being out on the lam!!

Oh, and I weigh 8 1/4 lbs. My breeder says that is actually not bad for my build. She said I have more of a male OSH build as I'm really long and tall so that is an OK weight for me. The Lap Lady thinks I should be 9-10 lbs and that I do look thin as my spine is sticking up a little and she can see the points of my hips.

When we went out to the car the Tall Man was waiting for me! He was very nice and talked to me a lot. Then the Lap Lady dropped the Tall Man and me at home while she went riding. How nice of him since today is his birthday!

17 comments:

sammawow said...

Oh, Kaze, we were so sorry to read about your terrorizing PTU trip to the vet. But we're glad that now you get to celebrate Happy Birthday with the Tall Man. So hopefully you will have a fun day after all!

Purrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Kaze, I'm sorry you had to go the vet, but glad that there's nothing seriously wrong with you. The women are the vet's are very smart to call you beautiful, because you are! Sorry to hear about the gingivitis. Yuck on the stinky pills. I hope the gingivitis clears up quickly!

Happy Birthday to the Tall Man!

Daisy said...

Wow, Kaze, what an ordeal you had! 13 pounds is very huge for a Rex I think. Even big ol' Pixie only weighs 11 pounds.

I hope you like your new foodies. Venison and duck sound yummy.

That Vet sounds funny: first he said butt, and now he wants some of your poop!

Happy Birthday to your Tall Man!!!

Tara said...

Sounds like quite the ordeal at the vet, but I'm so happy there is nothing seriously wrong!

And Happy Birthday to your Tall Man!

Tara

Unknown said...

Kaze, we are so glad to hear that you are not seriously sick. Just go ahead and poop for your Mom, so she will stop following you around. Imagine having to transport that stuff in the car!?! Haha!!!

Forty Paws said...

Wow! What a terrifying ordeal for you!!! We hope you get to feeling better and like your new foods. Do you have to get your toofies cleaned?

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Kaze, I'm glad your check up went well. You know I have the same gingivitis thing and the Woman is planning on taking me to the vet as well.

Happy Birthday Tall Man!

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Happy Purrthday Tall Man! Kaze, it sucks to go to the Vet but it doesn't sound like it was a bad visit. I always get poked or get the good ol' thermometer up the...! I hope you'll be able to stomach the yucky pills, at least you get some really upscale fare!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Kaze, going to the v-e-t is just horrible. and being in the PTU is werse. we is sorry you has to take yucky pills, but hopefully they will make you feel better.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Happy Birthday Tall Man! Kaze, are yoo sure dat was a reel vet. I mean, isn't der a rool about dem having to stick dat thing in yer, um, er, back area? And he seem awfully interested in dat area too, asking fur poop and effurything. We hope da duck stuff and da stinky pills make yoo better.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Happy birthday to the tall man.

It's good that you let the food lady know your exact feelings about going to the vet. Don't bottle them up, Kaze! It's very bad for you.

And I'm glad that nothing humiliating happened there. They get so PERSONAL sometimes.

Mr. Hendrix said...

That is awful you went to the VET but are glad you're OK. I have IBS myself. I eat prescription hill ID (crunchies) and a 1/4 can of WD soft food a day.
I also get laxitone every other day. Luckily for mommy & daddy I love my sticky stuff and lick it right off the spoon.
Don't worry Kaze, this one is an easy fix so long as you take care of yourself!

ha ha ha ha "Kona the Hut" ha ha ha ha. I shouldn't laugh cause it is so unhealthy to be really overweight, but that name is fabulous

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh Kaze what an ordeal and you cheerfully purred though the whole thing.

We hate pills too.

<3 Princess

Emma's Kat said...

I know your trip to the v-e-t wasn't fun, but I'm glad it's something treatable. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Cafe Cats said...

Kaze, I'm so sorry that you had such a long day at the V E T. We've been spending an awful lot of time there too and it's just no fun. Glad that they didn't find anything bad.

happy birthday to the tall man!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

We hope you're feeling better, Kaze.

~J&B

Skeezix the Cat said...

Happy happy berthday, Tall Man!!!!

Kaze, I'm glad yer not sik. That wood suk. I have a ginjervitus problim, too.

I don't know abowt the venison, tho. DO YOO KNOW THAT'S VISHUS DEER???? Yoo mite tern into one if yoo eech too much of it.