9.18.2007

Name Meme & Tummy Tuesday



Do you see what my humans do to torture me? I mean really, a dowel on my belly? How was that going to be comfy for me? Sure I was purring because I was getting touched and attention but how did the TM expect me to stay like that? He's crazy. Crazy fun though!!


HRH Yao-lin wants to know where I got my name. Well, Moncoeur is the name of my cattery. I was called Thing 2 with my brother who was Thing 1 at my breeder's house. We hung around a bit longer than most when our first home had an accident and they couldn't take us. I was supposed to go with my brother who I adored but the LL and TM could only do one other cat but Thing 1 really charmed the TM and he did consider him....

The LL thought about my name ahead of meeting me. She talked to my breeder about my personality and decided she wanted a pretty Oriental name for me. She opened up one of her history books from WWII. She looked for pretty names and came across kaze which means "the wind". Kami-kaze means divine wind but she didn't want to name me that.

15 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

what in tarnashun is the TM doing to your leg? it's torchur!!

your name is furry purrty!

Lux said...

Yikes, run!!!

I love how you got your name. But I have a really dumb question which you've probably answered before:

How do you pronounce it exactly. Kah, like ah, the letter z? I've always sort of thought Kayzee, but I don't think that's right.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

That is so cool how you got your name!

~Marie

Kaze, it's ok to admit you love tummy rubs. I beg for them all the time!

~Donny

HRH Yao-Lin said...

ahahaha kami kaze kitty! he he , I love your name Kaze it is beautiful and suits you perfectly!

xx

The Furry Kids said...

What is TM doing to you?! Run, Kaze, run!!!

Love,
Tazo

Starbuck and Torrey said...

That's a great story!

Daisy said...

I love your name, Kaze! "The Wind" is very romantic and beautiful. And your name is MUCH better than "Thing 2"!

Anonymous said...

I believe I see kitty torture... Not good at all.

Kaze, I thought you got your name because of how you jumped on Chase--like a kami kaze fighter! This is much nicer.

Anonymous said...

He is touching the tummy... oh, that is NOT ok here.

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

HAY, KAZE, IS IT TROO THAT YOO WERE NAMED AFTER THE WIND BECUZ YOO BRAKE WIND ALL THE TIME??? HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHA! GIT IT? BRAKE WIND???? HAY, WANNA COME OVER AND BUNNYKIKKK????

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hey guess what!!!! Our purrize has arrived. Fank yoo, we been chewing fev-vers and eeting our faverit dairy temtayshuns. Flynn's being a niphead again.Mum took some pikchurs so we will post them in a day or two, probly Thursday.
We like yer name Kaze, and how yoo got it. We biggified yer pikchur and looked at it all ways, but we don't know what the TM is doing to yoo. Is he torchering yoo?

Unknown said...

From now one when I run around the house, My Lady is gonna say you run like the Kaze instead of you run like the wind!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

And I bet you run like the wind!!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Not only cool to got your name, also cool you let your human rub your tummy~!!! That is so so cute and adorable and sweet~!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Your name is very pretty, Kaze, and it suits you. :) You missed my exciting news yesterday (although you and Latte already know) - be sure to check it out!