Thirteen Grooming Tips from Yours Truly
1. Always keep your spot #13 clean but never allow it to be photographed (Chase!).
2. Start with your paws because you are going to use them to help you clean your ears and face. Lick your paws until they are very very wet on top and the pads are sparkling.
3. Work your way up your front legs alternating as you go.
4. Go back to your paws and use them to wash your whiskers and the sides of your face. Also get your ears with your paws.
5. Your back is mostly going to be pretty clean but turn around as far as you can and extend your tongue really far. Make some big head movements where your whole head wags and drag your tongue across your fur.
6. Get comfy on your booty because now we have to get down to business!
7. Sniff your spot #13. Lick as needed. Make sure there are no tid-bits left over from your earlier litterbox session.
8. Make sure while doing this you stick ONE leg straight up in the air. This will help you balance and get a good angle.
9. Now lie back and lick your belly. Kind of like your back but here you might want to nibble a little bit in the dirtier areas. The dirtier areas are invisinible so basically if you have an itch.
10. Chew your toe nails. Chew them long and hard and LOUD. Pick at them and gnaw and nibble between.
11. Find your tail and check for any impurities. If needed, grab your tail with one paw to hold it down (they have a mind of your own!). Lick freely!
12. Now you have to re-evaluate if you've cleaned every surface properly. Did you get under your armpits? How about your elbows? These areas are easy to miss.
13. A good groomer always shares his/her talents with siblings. If you go over to Latte's blog you will see me helping him get his hard spots.