12.11.2006

The scariest thing in my whole entire life happened!

The Lap Lady is always saying I've lead a "sheltered life" and "nothing bad has ever happened to me". Well she was right until Saturday! Oh my gosh the most terrifying thing ever entered the house......it was a TREE!!! From Out of Doors!! It smells funny and is HUGE!

After a day I was getting OK with the TREE when the Lap Lady & Tall Man put LIGHTS and cat toys on the tree! I mean, won't it light on fire? Is it going to come alive and eat me? I'm not so sure about any of it. I mean, its bigger than the Tall Man and a LOT fatter and green. It hasn't moved...yet. I had to hide under the chair to make sure it couldn't reach me. The Tall Man found me and felt me shaking and not in a purry way. He held me close and told me that it was OK. I tried to trust him and eventually his petting made me purr and I got all relaxed. Then it was better because they would stop and pet me and I felt much safer knowing they were checking to see if it ate me or not.

The second scary thing was the Tall Man and Chase "dancing". I've never seen this horrible act before but Chase was in his arms and bouncing all around and then they came over to me and I got really scared. Like dig my claws into the Lap Lady and leap away scared.

All of these horrifying things made me not want to snuggle into very late in the morning. Latte keeps telling me I'm stupid and that this tree is pretty and supposed to be in the house. I don't trust him, I think he's enjoying my fear a little too much.

What do you think I should do while the people are away? I've already removed 5 cat balls (they're plastic, not glass says the Lap Lady) and there are some jingly things I wish I could reach.

These are the terrifying light balls I tried to eat but got yelled at:

And here I am actually standing beside it!! The needles are pretty tasty.....


6 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

HAY!!!!!! how comes Santy Claws already camed to your house? there's PURRESENTS unner that tree!!

LZ said...

The Lap Lady says they are for OTHER people and that we'll get more when Santy Claws comes on Christmas Eve. That's why we have to leave those alone because they are for friends.


Kaze

Gemini said...

Oh it looks like a lovely tree! And it's big. No wonder you are frightened, Kaze!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Don't be skeered kaze...it won't hurt you.

Unknown said...

We don't know - the Tall Man dancing with Chase sounds pretty scary to us.

Lux said...

There at the end you look like you're becoming more adjusted to the tree - that's so like us ...even though we're scared, curiosity wins out!