9.13.2006

Update on my illness

The Lap Lady says she launched an "all-out-offensive" on my illness. She thinks it is taking way too long to go away if it is infact a virus. She called my breeder and spoke to some cat friends and they suggested zithromax, a heavy duty antibiotic to treat what they think is Chronic Sinusitis. I hope it works 'cause I had a hard time breathing last night when I was playing with MY new toy (Skeezix & Mao sent Latte birthday presents and I claimed one). Then when I was eating it was like I was breathing through my mouth. The Lap Lady was scared I'd lost my appetite or couldn't smell the food but I'm just fine with food!

Hopefully this thing will go away soon! The Lap Lady is also going to buy some l-lysine gel online that will be easier to give to me. Sheeesh, I just wish I could go play with my new toy in peace!

8 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

poor Kaze. we hopes you feel better soon.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I am glad the Lap Lady is going of the offense. You must get better quickly!

Sadie said...

I hope you feel better soon, Kaze. Maybe that new toy will help!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Hi there. You are using the same drugs they prescribed for KC when she failed to respond to anything else. She is a little shelter cat and could not breath through her nose. We tried a few rounds of antibiotic; she kept losing weight. The vet recommended zithromax at $80 per bottle, plus the l-lysine gel. After about a week, we noticed it was working. I also bought a vaporizer and kept it going 24/7. She would actually sleep near the steam.

Get well, little Kaze, you are a cutie pie.

Elaine said...

This is Lux - Mommy signed me on.

Please get well, Kaze. Being sick just isn't any fun. I'll think really good thoughts and stuff, because I heard Mom tell Daddy that "thought creates."

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yoo gotta get bettur quick....we dont want yoo sick fur the partie!!!

I'm sorry we havent been commenting on yer blog. Weve been commenting on Lattes blog and not yers. Soooosoooosorry!

LZ said...

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! Even if I'm not well for the party I'm going to take lots of dayquil and then I'll be a partying machine!

That's OK Rosie & Cheeteo, I think lots of people only visit Latte or only visit me, that's cool.

iamfelix said...

My 15 y.o. Seal Point meezer Felix had a stuffy nose most of his life. Constant sneezing, always a messy nose. He'd had antibiotics a few times when it would get really bad, but it never went away entirely. Two years ago, at age 13, he got extremely bad in the summer (usually winter was the worst). I was very worried, as he was getting older and this was by far his worst time. When I took him to the vet, they recommended a full 2 weeks of treatment. Unfortunately, he's a big, strong guy who does not cotton to taking pills. I ended up taking him to the vet every day for 2 weeks (that was fun!) to get an antibiotic shot. I don't know what a.b. was used, but the effect has been miraculous. He hasn't sneezed a single time since (that I have observed), and his breathing is - for the first time in his life - fully free and clear. Wish I'd tried that years before. Three kitties here send good wishes to Kaze. :-)